Commonly a 24-hour model is used, with either real-time recording, or 12 and
24 hour time-lapse. The system can record round the clock, for pre-programmed
blocks of time, or manually at the press of a button.
With multiple camera arrangements, it is possible to review an
incident in detail.
An indicator light indicates an incident. A pulse on the tape stops
it at the right place during fast rewind. On-screen information
guides you to the correct place on the film, for the last 999 incidents.
Thus there is no need to review the entire film, but only those
incidents which are of interest.
- Protects material in aisles and closed areas
- Increased protection for expensive items or special exhibits
- Easier to monitor circulation desk activity
- Can identify a person who caused the incident
- Enables viewing of parking and outside areas
- Reduces need to watch suspicious persons constantly
- Increases productivity